× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Strange engine stalling
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 7/26/2023 31 Replies

Hello guys I'm Mike. I am new here. I have a issue that I have never seen and me and another mechanic can not figure it out. It's a 2015 ford transit 250. 3.5 liter turbo engine. The vehicle will run for a while then the traction control light pops on and the vehicle loose engine power. Then a few minutes later the engine shuts off. It will start right back up but you can only drive a few feet and it will shut off again. If I let it sit for 10 minutes you can drive it a few miles before it die again. When it die all the dash lights are on its just not running. I pull codes the only codes are u0100 and u0101 but the codes are under abs module and not under pcm. We changed the pcm and reprogrammed it.....same thing. I would not think a abs module would make the engine die. Even if I leave the van out just running it will eventually just shut off and all the dash lights will be on. It do this over and over. Sometime when i go back to start it i get nothing from the starter but if i wait about a hour or so it will start back up only to shut off again shortly..Please....any ideas

Michael Irvin
Owner
Metro Lock N Keys
Decatur, Georgia, USA

31 Replies Received (View Replies)