× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
ford running compression wavefore
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 7/11/2018 13 Replies

2012 e-450 6.8l came in for an intermittent mil. p0174 and p0316 stored. -11% lt on bank 2 and +11 lt on bank 1. kinda ruled out the usual suspects. but im pretty new to this using a wps and fls very often and I was hoping to get some other peoples input on the car. I did a relative compression check and every other peak was about 1/3 small than the last. I checked bank to bank cranking compression and there was about a 30-35psi difference and running theres a bout a 10-15psi bank to bank difference. I don't really feel and misfires and didn't see anything on mode6 but using a cylinder balance test on the snap on it shows all of bank one about -25rpm and all of bank 2 +25 rpm. none of the cylinders show 0. thanks in advance

[2012 Ford E-450 Super Duty, Engine/Propulsion Waveform] [2012 Ford E-450 Super Duty, Engine/Propulsion Waveform] [2012 Ford E-450 Super Duty, Engine/Propulsion Waveform] [2012 Ford E-450 Super Duty, Engine/Propulsion Waveform]

Daniel Limp
Technician
Casey automotive
Palatine, Illinois, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

13 Replies Received (View Replies)