× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Hyundai 2.0 broken timing belt
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 1/4/2018

[...trimmed text...]

If the belt failed/jumped on start-up, that engine is about 80% forgiving as far as the valves. But that still leaves 20% "maybe".

Best bet is get a boroscope and look for contact marks on the pist... Login to read more.