× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
42 miles not misfiring, AFM working correctly
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 6/27/2013 1 Reply

So the previous thread (42 miles of misfires) was a 2013 Sierra that misfired because of uncommanded cylinder #6 deactivation. This is a 2012 Sierra with same Active Fuel Management engine, 5.3 LMG. This one is running perfect, I thought I would post the Cyl Deactivation data from a roadtest. I've posted the complete snapshot in .sur format for those with TIS. I've also posted 3 screenshots, taken from the complete snapshot. Looking at the bottom of each page will show total frames (473) and the current frame (0, 53, 63) Also you will see the time in seconds next to the frame number.

As a sidenote, this is probably the best way to upload data to iATN...data file for those with viewers, and screenshots so everyone can follow along. Eventually there may be a system in place so all members can view these different data files, the raw data.

Compare frame 53 and frame 63...2 seconds apart, 53 is running as a V8, 63 is "deactivated" and running as a V4. Note RPM, MAF, MPH, etc. Also note all the PIDs after "engine run time", lots of good info there. If you were trying to find out why this system wasn't working correctly, your answer would probably be in this datalist. Enjoy!

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SL, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Scan Data

Robert Duncanson
Technician
Robert Duncanson
Clearwater, Florida, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

1 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data