× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Bitten by a Fusebox
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 6/28/2009 41 Replies

TDF,

This vehicle is fixed. Fix was quite simple in the end, testing and logic will get you there.

It relates to Albin's adventures with an open fuse, I thought this would be a good time to post my adventure.

Complaint was "A/C blows warm intermittent". Under factory warranty, customer waiting. Verified complaint, no clutch, no cold air. Quick scan with Tech 2 shows A/C request=Yes and A/C relay=On. Testing at the Underhood Bussed Electrical Center showed A/C relay grounded and power leaving the relay. Testing at the A/C clutch found no power reaching the clutch. I decided to test the section of wire between the A/C relay and the A/C clutch.

Jumpering 12V to clutch wire

I disconnected the battery, pulled the UBEC and connected a jumper wire from battery positive to E12 clutch circuit. Still no clutch. Long story short, this wire is inside a large engine harness and part of it was not easily accessed, so I ran a new wire and the clutch engaged. Put everything back together, reconnected battery, did paperwork, went to start truck and it wouldn't crank. Turn the key, no crank.

What are your next steps and why?

Robert from Florida

Files Referenced:

thumbnail

41 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2006 GMC Envoy SLE 4.2L

Engine4.2 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2006 GMC Envoy SLE 4.2L

Engine4.2 L