× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Letting a customer go
Posted to Shop Management Forum on 4/2/2018 66 Replies

Hello all, we have a customer that comes here that we are trying to figure out how to nicely "fire".

The back story is that she is a long time customer but in the last 4 or 5 years something in her head has gone wrong.. This car is so gross and disgusting that neither me or my only tech are willing to get into it to service it. We have spent the last year trying to ask her to clean up her car so that we can service it and we are met with a response of "what is wrong with it?" or "what do you mean it is too messy" or something along those lines. Now it is worse than ever and she is requesting us to service her car again. I would like to be as nice as possible because she clearly has no concept of anything being wrong. I will also attach some pictures of her vehicle (from January this year).

What would you do?

Thank you all in advance.

[customer car] [customer car]

Bill Semanie
Owner/Technician
L & S Automotive
Enfield, Connecticut, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail

66 Replies Received (View Replies)