Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Shop Owner and service writer both walked out yesterday
Posted to Shop Management Forum on 7/22/2016 54 Replies

Ok, I am stuck here with a big problem. I was just working as a tech, and the owner and partner/service writer/shop foreman had a blowup that has been coming all week. Writer/// went and got a uhaul and loaded up his stuff. Owner stormed out leaving me with the bag. I called all customers that cars were done and got them to come pick them up, closed out the tickets. I started calling and texting owner about 1 pm. All the commotion happened 8:30 -9 am. I stayed till the end of the day, the other tech who is on work release had to leave. I locked the building (don't have keys roll up door locks itself) and went home. Came in at my regular time all locked up like I left it except I forgot to cover the key drop so gained to cars. Owner normally comes and lets me in at 7:30 am no show, called, texted, hung out talking to customers that showed up, gave out my cell phone # to a few whose cars are locked inside. 10 am it got too hot to hang out in the sun any longer about every .5 tried to get hold of the owner, tried service writer neither answers. Other tech got another job needs his tools can't get ahold of anybody. I am feeling really bad for the customers, we do mostly older VW Vanagon's, I came on to do the newer stuff I have health issues so I can't drive was kinda semi-retired but got bored. Right now I have 4 tranny's out and one head at the machine shop. I was willing to do whatever it takes to help out, I can do it all don't want to but can. At this point, I just want my tool box and the other tech's box and get the hell out.

Scott H. Bloomfield
Reno, Nv
Fernley, Nevada, USA

54 Replies Received (View Replies)