× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: $XX.00 per flagged hour
Posted to Shop Management Forum on 5/7/2014 2 Replies

And just to add a footnote to Bruce's description of the landscaper company , he described just about everything perfectly , I just wanted to add to that , I had to explain to the boss that mechanics are people too , that we do have to do things like other folks , like eat , sleep , and try to keep all of his equipment running with a minimum of capable operators who actually knew what they were driving , the rest just thought it was a hoot to be out in a driving blizzard playing diesel cowboy until they hit something under the snow . Then it was call the mechanic time , " I don't know what happened , I hit something , it stopped . " Once the boss realized it was too expensive to keep hiring these party animals and got some good operators , things got better and I lost the urge to either quit or be put away for homicide . I didn't do well at the time when I found out these guys would jam a machine into a non moveable object just to see if they could break it .

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

2 Replies Received (View Replies)