Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Customer Follow Ups
Posted to Shop Management Forum on 9/25/2012 22 Replies

Greetings,

I received an email as a follow up to some service work that I had performed. In it was a link to an 8-question survey that they wanted me to complete about my recent experience.

I think it's good for businesses to ask customers for feedback. I'm all about tapping into the voice of the customer, if you will. But I'm not a fan of automated/canned emails or letters or robo-calls, which by way I also received from this service provider.

I get that there are certain efficiencies from these automated systems, but as a customer they don't endear me to the business. In fact, FOR ME, these impersonal follow-ups slightly tarnish my otherwise positive impressions.

Had the service rep or manager personally called me, I would have gladly talked. If either personally emailed me, I would have replied; AND the personal attention would have made a positive impression.

I'm curious how many others feel this way? Am I the norm or the exception? Of course there are those who don't like to be bothered at all by such things, but for those who appreciate a follow up, or are at least okay with it, does it really matter to them whether or not it's personal or automated?

Mark Hambaum
Educator/Instructor/Consultant
MDH Automotive Services
Richville, Michigan, USA

22 Replies Received (View Replies)