Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Customer Follow Ups
Posted to Shop Management Forum on 9/25/2012 22 Replies

I received an email as a follow up to some service work that I had performed. In it was a link to an 8-question survey that they wanted me to complete about my recent experience.

I think it's good for businesses to ask customers for feedback. I'm all about tapping into the voice of the customer, if you will. But I'm not a fan of automated/canned emails or letters or robo-calls, which by way I also received from this service provider.

I get that there are certain efficiencies from these automated systems, but as a customer they don't endear me to the business. In fact, FOR ME, these impersonal follow-ups slightly tarnish my otherwise positive impressions.

Had the service rep or manager personally called me, I would have gladly talked. If either personally emailed me, I would have replied; AND the personal attention would have made a positive impression.

I'm curious how many others feel this way? Am I the norm or the exception? Of course there are those who don't like to be bothered at all by such things, but for those who appreciate a follow up, or are at least okay with it, does it really matter to them whether or not it's personal or automated?

Mark Hambaum
MDH Automotive Services
Richville, Michigan, USA

22 Replies Received (View Replies)