Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
GM FWD PCMs with 4t65e trans solenoid issues
Posted to Transmission Forum on 3/16/2013 2 Replies

every time I rebuild the 4t65e transmission I always look to the shift solenoid winding, if i see it dark then i know the shift solenoid will be sticking and give shift solenoid performance codes, but if i see it really drark burnt look then i know the IC driver circuit in the PCM is gone and needs new pcm and flashing about $700 job if not more plus the transmission so it will be hard on the customer to accept and will always think that u did jack up the price no matter how understanding he might look, personally I cover all the related issues to the transmission without asking the customer to pay more as i believe everything happens for a good reason.

the goal here is to show u how to fix such PCMs, open the PCM and will find always one IC burnt as per the attached pictures, usually such GM PCM comes with 4 IC drivers , so always keep the bad PCM cause u will have extra 3 IC's as a spare part, the chip no is 09384093, i could not find replacement as it is Singapore made "not surprised" all what u need is pro level de-soldering station with vacuum suction around $400 or just take the board to any electronics repair shop to swap the good one from and other bad PCM for $40, this u will save and always keep your customer happy even if u did not tell u paid for it not him. [GM PCM burnt shift solenoid IC driver for 4t65e transmission] [GM PCM burnt shift solenoid IC driver for 4t65e transmission] [GM PCM burnt shift solenoid IC driver for 4t65e transmission] [GM PCM burnt shift solenoid IC driver for 4t65e transmission]

Salim Safran
Owner/Engineer
Transmissions 4 Less Co of America
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

2 Replies Received (View Replies)