Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
6t70-75 transmission
Posted to Transmission Forum on 11/29/2012 1 Reply

Ok this is the deal I just overhauled this transmission and it was a no move before i started and know it still does not move and to get this out of the way i have done a ton of these transmissions know and they have always went good always just a wave plate or some bearing failures just as this one was bearing failure. So any ways i notice on the tech 2 that there is no input speed in park,rev,nuet,and drive but if pick up the rpms there starts to become rpms on the scanner and with high rpms the tires will start to move. So im wondering can the input speed senser cause a no engagment becouse it does not see input becouse just before i left work i was reading on mitchell that the computer uses the input speed senser to calculate line pressure or do i have a failing t-convertor becouse if you know this transmission it goes convertor input shaft with 3-5-R drum attached and the speed senser picks up on the rear of the drum just some. Just a little bit of feed back would be helpful to start of the day tomorrow

James Prather Jr
Technician/Shop Foreman
D and J Auto Repair
Midland, Michigan, USA

1 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2007 Saturn Aura XR 3.6L

Engine3.6 L
Trans6-speed Automatic (Electronic)