× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Swing Jack
Posted to Tool & Equipment Forum on 11/18/2020 9 Replies

Hello, I have a Rotary swing jack in need of repair/replacement. We have 2 on this rack but the front one is far worse shape. It is installed on our alignment rack but gets used for a lot more than that. I had spoke with a local dealer and thought I had cylinders on order but received seal kits for nearly $700 a piece. The cylinders are pitted badly and leak, maintenance was not done on these prior to my employment here. Now being told the cylinders run $1,700 ea. Figured I would look at a replacement cost.

Is there anything out there that might be better in the swing jack market? I've used the scissor type jack, not a fan of those. I've used both the air bag style and hydraulic style, not very sturdy and limited on capacity compared to a swing jack in my opinion. Are Hunter and Rotary the only ones making swing jacks?

I will contact the Hunter rep today and see what they want for a swing jack. Thank you in advance for the help.

I have a picture to upload and will add it after it's done pending.

Kiron Curry
Shop Foreman/Technician
J&M Transmission and Service
Tea, South Dakota, USA

9 Replies Received (View Replies)