× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: The 'quill' in a manual transmission
Posted to Educators Forum on 2/9/2023

Hi Chip,

I have always referred to them as the "quill". I know in the parts manuals they are usually referred to as the input shaft bearing retainer. They are often one of the most overlooked parts when replacing a clutch with a throw out bearing that must r... Login to read more.