× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
GM FWD PCMs with 4t65e trans solenoid issues
Posted to Transmission Forum on 3/16/2013 2 Replies

every time I rebuild the 4t65e transmission I always look to the shift solenoid winding, if i see it dark then i know the shift solenoid will be sticking and give shift solenoid performance codes, but if i see it really drark burnt look then i know the IC driver circuit in the PCM is gone and needs new pcm and flashing about $700 job if not more plus the transmission so it will be hard on the customer to accept and will always think that u did jack up the price no matter how understanding he might look, personally I cover all the related issues to the transmission without asking the customer to pay more as i believe everything happens for a good reason.

the goal here is to show u how to fix such PCMs, open the PCM and will find always one IC burnt as per the attached pictures, usually such GM PCM comes with 4 IC drivers , so always keep the bad PCM cause u will have extra 3 IC's as a spare part, the chip no is 09384093, i could not find replacement as it is Singapore made "not surprised" all what u need is pro level de-soldering station with vacuum suction around $400 or just take the board to any electronics repair shop to swap the good one from and other bad PCM for $40, this u will save and always keep your customer happy even if u did not tell u paid for it not him. [GM PCM burnt shift solenoid IC driver for 4t65e transmission] [GM PCM burnt shift solenoid IC driver for 4t65e transmission] [GM PCM burnt shift solenoid IC driver for 4t65e transmission] [GM PCM burnt shift solenoid IC driver for 4t65e transmission]

Salim Safran
Owner/Engineer
Transmissions 4 Less Co of America
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

2 Replies Received (View Replies)