× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
GM--DIGITAL CLOCK FUNCTION LOST AFTER BATTERY REPLACEMENT
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 10/11/2019 20 Replies

I had an unusual thing happen after I replaced the battery on my 2011 Chevrolet Avalanche. The details are as follows:

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche 5.3L (but applies to many 2005-2011 GM cars & trucks)

Problem:After the battery was replaced on my truck the digital clock section of the radio/navigation display disappeared! I had no clock! When I went to the clock adjustment section of the display the clock digits icon was missing; there was no way to adjust the clock because it was literally missing.

Cause:Internal display software glitch (as explained by a friend who is a GM factory rep.) There is a GM PI document (#PIT5652E) that explains how to restore the clock function on the display. I performed the procedure & the clock returned! I have replaced many batteries on GM trucks over the years and I never had this problem occur. I have the document in PDF format so if anyone would like it email me.

Douglas Andrew, Jr.
Owner/Educator/Instructor
Doug's Automotive Repair Service Inc.
Miami, Florida, USA

20 Replies Received (View Replies)