× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Autel and Camry TPMS
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 2/20/2019 17 Replies

I realize it's 2019 back in the real world but I have fixed a grand total of three TPMS complaints before today, and they were all GM.

So for anybody else who is a few years behind, and has an Autel scan tool, and an Autel TPMS tool.....I learned something today and wanted to share.

This was, in particular, a 2009 Toyota Camry but I bet it happens with other Toyota and maybe other Asian cars too. My TPMS tool (Autel TS401) reads the sensor ID as a decimal number.

The ECU that handles the TPMS, stores the hexadecimal equivalent of that number.

So if you don't wanna take apart tires unnecessarily and you can't figure why NONE of the ID's stored in the ECU match any of the ID's you are reading that is why.

Using google or a scientific calculator you can convert the numbers, and now you know which good sensors are in which position. (without deflating them all)

And you also now have a way to retrieve the sensor ID's if you somehow botch the programming, or lose all your notes, or whatever.

Geoff from Hawaii

17 Replies Received (View Replies)