× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
2003 Saab 9.5 - RADIO CODE
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 2/18/2017 12 Replies

I will publish this in the knowledge base as well. Just wanted to publish this into the forums to aid in future searches for people with this problem. Customer had AAA replace a battery, and Radio Code displayed and customer was locked out of radio. All forums I read on here said you need a tech II to marry the system from its divorced state after disconnecting the battery. Not entirely true. I have a Autel Maxisys (MY908), and this tool continually amazes me. 2 prompts in the radio module and the system was married and happy once again. Customer was in and out of here in less than 3 minutes, and is very happy after learning she did not have to visit the local Saab dealer (who happens to be anything but local....30 minute drive) as she suspected she may have to. This tool is fantastic, and the customer was happy. Just wanted to let all know that where most other aftermarket tools fall short, the Autel is the most versatile diagnostic tool I have ever used. Happy wrenching!

Paul LeBlanc
Owner/Technician
Paul's Auto Repair
East Hartford, Connecticut, USA

12 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2003 Saab 9-5 Aero 2.3L

Engine2.3 L
Trans5-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2003 Saab 9-5 Aero 2.3L

Engine2.3 L