× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Current ramp for blower motor
Posted to Technical Theory Forum on 3/3/2012 9 Replies

Hi All,

Just wanted to share these captures from a blower motor that I had come in the shop. The customer complained that sometimes the blower motor would not turn on. He further stated that he could "mess with the switch" to get it working again. The blower was working when it came in. The customer complaint and description of messing with the switch, first led me to believe that there was a switch problem. A simple current ramp test, done by clipping an amp probe around the wire at the blower connector under the dash revealed that the blower itself was worn-out. I captured both the original (worn-out) motor and the new replacement motor so everyone can see the difference. [2000 Chrysler Town & Country (Van) LX, Waveform] [2000 Chrysler Town & Country (Van) LX, Waveform] I simply used the same "preset" on my scope that I use to check fuel pump motors.

David from Missouri

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail

9 Replies Received (View Replies)