× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Air quality update
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 9/18/2012 5 Replies

As many of you have heard, we are having a small forest fire problem here. Saturday evening, September 8, we had a lightening storm come through the area which set a lot of forest fires. Along with the lightening we had a few minutes of hard rain, which knocked a lot of the fires down, although that only delayed many of the fires from rearing their ugly heads. Here a week later, there are new fires popping up here and there around the valley. Over the last week, we had had an inversion which has caused our air quality to be less than stellar to say the least. Friday afternoon here is what it looked like looking south from the shop. [Friday evening looking south from the shop] Saturday, the inversion lifted and the skies cleared. Here is what I saw from my front yard. [looking east from my house,,,, a fire has popped up] A fire has popped its ugly head up. This morning from the shop here is what I saw. [9-18-2012 smokey skies] Looking east through town, things are a little nasty. Looking west here is what I saw. [9-18-2012 smoke] Now I'll keep the shop doors closed and pump out some work today!! One of these days, I'll be able to get out and ride my bike again!

Albin from Washington

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

5 Replies Received (View Replies)