× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Ford blows hot on passenger side only
Posted to HVAC Forum on 9/28/2017 16 Replies

I have this ford in for complaint of heat only blowing on passenger side. Everything else works as it should, blower speed, position, and temp all change on both sides when you tell it to. But, as the customer stated the heat blows hot on passenger side, and only luk-warm on the drivers side. On the dual climate control systems I would assume the drivers side blend door wasn't functioning as it should, but this does not have dual climate controls. I cant find much info on if the driver and passenger sides would still have separate blend doors that could be acting up, or if there is some kind of actuator in the middle that I am unaware of. I know the older fords were known for a bad actuator behind the glove box, but the symptoms I'm getting don't really match up to what I know about that problem. Anyone have any thoughts?

Dalton Caudell
Technician
Chapmans Auto
Craig, Colorado, USA

16 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2015 Ford F-150 XL 3.5L

VIN 1FTFW1EG8F
Engine3.5 L
Trans6-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2015 Ford F-150 XL 3.5L