Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Recalibration after repair
Posted to Tool & Equipment Forum on 4/20/2015 12 Replies

I work at a Japanese specialty shop and today I replaced a electronic power steering pump on a 2010 Mazda 5 and had to recalibrate the new EPS module to communicate with original computer. We have three Autel Maxisys Pro scan tools at our shop and each has the J-2534 to reprogram computers, so this shouldn't be a hard thing for us to perform. First, we had to find the build data for the vehicle I was working on. This is where the problems began, after doing a lot of searching we paid for the Mazda factory information for the day to find this information. We were able to find the link to find the build data, but when you clicked it a screen came up that said info not available. Then it would take you to a screen for a MID login. Finally I was able to talk to a teacher at the tech school near us that has the factory Ford information. He was able to type in our VIN and find the information we needed. My question is has anyone else had this problem and is there any other way to find this information?

Travis Berryman
Japanese Motor Works, Inc.
Athens, Georgia, USA

12 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2010 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 2.3L

Engine2.3 L
Trans5-speed Automatic (Electronic)