× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
aftermarket parts
Posted to Tool & Equipment Forum on 6/21/2014 43 Replies

Whats up guys. I have just joined iatn recently. I have searched a lot of different posts and tech help stuff to see what kind of help you can get. I also have noticed on many replies for help everyone is scared of aftermarket parts. Everyone always says use factory equipment and I find that to be absolutely crazy in most cases. Ive replaced a lot of parts in my short automotive career but I would guess that I use original equipment parts maby 10-15% of the time and usually that is because I cant find something aftermarket. I don't have a huge problem with comebacks. I cant recall ever buying a oe fuel pump and I change those like crazy. I can only recall having a Volvo give me trouble with o2 sensors and we eventually put in oe o2's but I actually think it was a listing problem with that. So I guess id just like to know what the gripe is with aftermarket stuff. We see something like 5000 cars a year and don't get me wrong there is warranty work here and there but not very much.

Joshua Vieira
Technician
Vieira Mobile
Acushnet, Massachusetts, USA

43 Replies Received (View Replies)