Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Video Tutorials
Posted to Educators' Forum on 2/23/2013 31 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am a secondary automotive and diesel teacher in Billings Montana. I typically have aroung 18 students per class. In my engines class, I have students rebuild a small block or diesel engine, perform in vehicle timing belt and chain replacements, valve adjusts, and other procedures. With so many projects going on at once it is hard to accommodate all the students needs in the lab area, as most of you know. So I decided to create some tutorials to help students with some of their required procedures. So the day before they start, I hand them a work order with the vehicles information on it. This is their duty. 1. They must go on alldata and print off the procedure. 2. They must follow the QR code to my youtube video and watch me perform the procedure. 3. They must answer a few questions about the procedure before they can begin.

This has reduced the number of broken parts, the amount of questions, and has given me more time to spend helping the other students. I was wondering if anyone else uses this type of methodology in there courses. I am always looking to better my performance as a teacher. Here is the link to a youtube video of mine. You can also see them at

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Joshua George

Joshua George
The Billings Career Center
Billings, Montana, USA

31 Replies Received (View Replies)