Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Using Social Media
Posted to PC Users Forum on 9/30/2016 2 Replies

I'm trying to gauge the use of social media for a company or business by IATN members, and which ones are the most effective for you. Facebook is obviously well used and probably number 1, but there are many others. Here some of the others: LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter. Some of my questions are: How effective are they? How do you get people to see and/or like your pages or accounts?

I also wonder if there is something IATN could do (or does) to help their members increase their page views and followers such as having a forum or thread you could list your page or account on so we could all like everyone else's and get likes for our pages? I guess this might be considered advertising you'd have to pay for, but I don't necessarily see it as advertising, as you're not trying to get customers but trying to help each other network. Social media is supposed to be the future of marketing and networking is a good way to increase views and hopefully increase sales. From what I understand, the more likes, shares and comments you get on your page, the more your page gets shown on Facebook and LinkedIn.

Duane Hoyt
Hickok Inc
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

2 Replies Received (View Replies)