× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Video Walkthrough from Automechanika Chicago Tradeshow Floor
Posted to Industry Events Forum on 4/29/2015 3 Replies

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if any of you were able to log into any of the live broadcasts from Automechanika Chicago or not but if you did, can you provide us with any feedback?

Each broadcast only lives for 24hrs on Periscope [periscope.tv] but there is an option to save a recording to the phone which we took advantage of. Now please be aware that the video application is designed to record in portrait mode rather than the traditional landscape mode video is usually recorded in. We assembled most of the clips recorded (some did not record properly due to technical issues) and have just over an hour of video to share if you feel like taking a stroll through the trade show with me. It appears that you can scrub through the video once enough of the data has streamed so feel free to have a look.

This was a new experience for myself and wasn't all that difficult to perform. The jury is still out on whether we'll be doing more of this or not but for those that feel like sharing something their currently experiencing in real-time with others, you may want to check out Periscope to see what it offers.

Here is a link to our original announcement in case you want more info, but I also wanted to let you know that we subsequently found that you can also view these on the web [periscope.tv] if you do not have the app.

I look forward to your feedback.

Video Walkthrough from Automechanika Chicago Tradeshow Floor

Scott Brown
Administrator
iATN
Brea, California, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail

3 Replies Received (View Replies)