× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
9/28 LIAT Presents Albin Moore - Ronkonkoma, NY
Posted to Industry Events Forum on 8/14/2013 4 Replies

Hello All,

I hope that everyone is having a great summer and that you have had a chance to get a break, get away and spend some days relaxing. It seems like summer just started but before you know it will be a distant memory.

I had big plans for Long Island Automotive Training this summer and wanted to layout the entire year of training in advance, but like John Lennon said "life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans." Long story short I got married on June 29th to my wife Katie and followed it with a two week honeymoon. Now as I sit here and write this it's August 14th and the summer has seemed to escape me. Fortunately things have a way of working themselves out.

A few weeks ago I got an email from Albin Moore and after some emails back and forth we came to an agreement to bring him to Long Island on Saturday September 28th for a full day, eight hour training class called: "Drivability from the Front Seat". Some of you have heard of this class here on iATN and it has received great reviews from people who have attended it in the past. This is a class that sold out in less than a week last year in Delaware and seems to sell out wherever Albin takes it.

Here is the outline for the class:

Drivability from the front seat is designed to demonstrate how fuel trim data can be used to analyze drivability problems, all from the front seat of the car. The class consists of the theory of fuel trims then leads on into several case studies where the class can apply the theory of operation to real world problems that we see in our bays on a daily basis. This class is recommended for any person that is doing drivability work, or those that are wanting to learn. • Classroom theory of fuel trims • How to use fuel trim data to aid in finding misfires, vacuum leaks, fuel supply issues and engine breathing problems • Testing MAF sensors using fuel trim and engine load • Real world case studies are used to demonstrate the theory discussion

The cost for this class is $300.00. I anticipate this class will sell out rather quickly. In addition we will be offering an additional discount of $25.00 to anyone that refers a first time attendee to this LIAT event. The price of attendance includes the course, course book, and lunch.

If you would like to drive or fly in I will be glad to offer recommendations on hotels and travel. The Clarion Ronkonkoma is less than five minutes from Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP) and flights for that date are available on Southwest at a reasonable rate. The event will be held from 8AM to 5PM at the Clarion Hotel Ronkonkoma:

3845 Veterans Memorial Hwy. Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

In order to secure your seat please RSVP via email as soon as possible to : [...] Once you RSVP simply fill out the registration form and get it back to me along with a Check or money order within one week to hold and confirm your registration. If you prefer to pay with a major credit card you may also do so safely and securely by using paypal. Simply go to: paypal.com and click on send money. You will be sending money to [...] If you opt to pay via Paypal there is no need to mail the registration form.

If mailing Payment/registration please mail to:

Long Island Automotive Training PO Box 788 Bayport NY 11705

I look forward to hearing from you and getting this year's LIAT training events off to a great start!

Regards,

Albin Moore LIAT Event Flyer Albin Moore Registration Form Dave Macholz Long Island Automotive Training

David Macholz
Technician/Educator/Instructor
Suffolk County Community College
Selden, New York, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail

4 Replies Received (View Replies)