× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Midwestern tech looking to relocate to DFW-Austin area
Posted to Classifieds Forum on 6/20/2017 5 Replies

Hello all, after living in Chicago for the last 23 years (half of my life) I'm ready to move on to the balmier winters of Central Texas. I am offering my services as an auto/light duty truck technician with strong electrical/diagnosis skills and extensive experience on heavy line work. I won't claim to be the ever so elusive super tech but instead I'd like to consider myself within the top 20 percent. I hold over a dozen ASE certs, numerous training courses, (I can brag that I have trained with the best: John Thornton, Albin Moore, Scott Mana, Mike Clearly, Bruce Amacker, Jerry Truglia etc.) and pride myself in owning a sizable arsenal of hand, power and diagnostic tools. I have been working on cars since I was a teenager back in Mexico and came to the US in the early 90s. I was lucky enough that my present employer introduced me to the concept of "training will take you there" and "tools make your job easier" (as well as other jewels like "paint, soap and lights). Under his wing I learned to work with factory scanners, scopes etc. I'm looking for a shop that is located in a city along I35 between DFW and Austin TX. (I have arbitrarily chosen that area based on previous visits and multiple drive-thrus.) This shop should value a technician that takes pride in his work, and should also have plenty of work to keep him busy, as well as be equipped to work on the car lines they service . If you are looking for a tech that is not afraid to tackle tuff problems to complement your already all-star team please contact me at [...] to discuss terms. resume and references upon request. PS. I apologize for the lack of context and grammar in my posting.

Luis C Davalos
Technician
Autotime
Chicago, Illinois, USA

5 Replies Received (View Replies)