× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
1959 / 1960 Mercedes 190 D -- For Sale
Posted to Classifieds Forum on 8/3/2014 22 Replies

This vehicle was bought in 1959 For the birth of his daughter - Dawn Hill.

Allan and lila Hill have owned this car since 1960 -

Allan tells his story so well.

This is a vehicle of the 1959 and 1960 year model era. A 190 D - Diesel Power Plant With 4 speed on the column standard transmission

Solid, Safe, Up to code and standards New tires and ready to drive any where - any time.

In the long and short of it - Allan has spent his life being a tinker - A person who engineered the temp sending units on the heat tiles that protected the underbelly of the Space Shuttles -

Allan, now retired - Dawn - his daughter - Her husband passed this world - a year or so ago -

This Mercedes is her father's life legacy to her. Dawn - with 3 children of her own - approaching college age.

At one time - Over 30 years ago -

This vehicle had been completely acid stripped in a commercial equipment vat - Chemically treated for rust prevention - And refinished with the prettiest deep blue metallic I have ever seen on a 50 plus year old classic Mercedes.

In the year 2000 - Allan had a shop in Kentucky build a long block and install it for him. I followed behind their work and removed the injection pump and injectors and sent them to Blue Ridge Diesel in Winston Salem to have serviced and calibrated.

Over the many years, Allan has kept this car road worthy, Licensed and insured.

This latest service effort was to have the brake system replaced with stainless steel wheel cylinder bores and lines.

The upholstrey has been beautifully been fashioned to be a new oe replacement.

This car - every year - wins the car show awards as being the only complete car of it's class - that exists.

It is beautiful - and It is as near a museum piece as that which a person could ask - And still be driven in the summer time - every year.

This car - has been Allan's life long treasure - along with his daughter - who the car was bought for - when Allan and lila lived in Philadelphia.

Today it is up for sale - Allan has retired.

And in early summer I took many pictures of this vehicle to share.

There are lots of tire kickers. Lots of talkers - about this and that. ***.

How can anyone put a price on such a vehicle? They see it as a vehicle only.

This vehicle has been the companion of a man and his wife - their symbol of their life together - since 1960.

Diesel, 4 speed column shift.

For Sale - $135,000 And yes,

It is all that I tell you it is - [1959 Mercedes-Benz 190, Photo] [1959 Mercedes-Benz 190, Photo] [1959 Mercedes-Benz 190, Photo] [1959 Mercedes-Benz 190, Photo]

Rowan Cook
Owner/Technician
Amsoil Sales ... Inc DBA Import Car
Midway, West Virginia, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

22 Replies Received (View Replies)