Posted to Classifieds Forum on 11/27/2013
Hiring Technicians for High-Performance Career
Want a high-performance career with an awesome compensation
package? Want to do cool work, on cool cars, for cool
customers? We do it every day at National Speed!
We're currently hiring Performance Technicians for our
Wilmington, NC facility, and for our coming Richmond, VA
facility. This is a salary position, ranging from $50,000 to
$70,000 depending on experience and skills, with relocation
If you're reading this thinking, "I have no high-performance
experience," that's not important to us. We're after
skilled, experienced, driven automotive technicians that
want to become Performance Technicians. All of your
dealership or shop experience can be applied to what we do,
we'll fill in the gaps.
Send your resume, and a brief explanation as to why you're
perfect for this position, to
Below are the details on the job:
- You MUST have a passion for the automotive industry,
especially the automotive aftermarket industry • This
cannot be faked, this must be a genuine trait.
- You MUST present yourself professionally, and not just
during business hours • As Performance Technician, you
are constantly representing National Speed, and must compose
yourself accordingly at all times during business hours, and
even off business hours.
- You MUST be energetic and excited about your role in the
company • As Performance Technician, your work is a
direct representation of National Speed's quality, and this
should excite you!
- You MUST be a team player • We are a tight team at
National Speed, our success is interdependent upon one
another, you MUST thrive in this environment.
- You MUST stand for quality • Not only does this mean
operating within National Speed's strict quality guidelines,
but mostly, in doing work that you are proud for the
customer to see.
- Be adaptive • At National Speed, we work on a wide
spectrum of makes and models, and being adaptive to this is
extremely important. One day you could be installing a
camshaft and valve train components on a 2006 Chevrolet
Corvette Z06, then the next be installing a
turbocharger-back exhaust system on a 2009 Nissan GT-R, and
the next installing a set of coilovers on a 2000 Honda Civic
Nice-to-Have Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Have a well-structured and organized approach to projects
• National Speed operates with a very tight schedule,
and properly approaching projects with structure and
organization is paramount to maintaining this.
- Knowledge of automotive aftermarket performance •
Engines, forced induction systems, fuel systems, drive train
systems, suspension system, braking systems, etc.
- Dealership or other flat-rate work experience
- Fabrication skills • Fabrication is a huge part of
what we do at National Speed, mostly aluminum and stainless
steel TIG welding. While these skills can be taught,
possessing these skills is very valuable.
- Platform specific knowledge • "It's all relative,"
and other platforms can be taught. However, any prior
knowledge is very valuable.
- Work with the Performance Consultant to accurately quote
time involved in a project • This time is paramount,
as the customer's expectation, and schedule time frame is
determined off this number.
- Meet your quoted time on projects • When time is
exceeded, the customer's expectation is not met, and the
schedule is greatly affected. As a National Speed
Performance Technician, meeting your quoted time is
- Communicate, and do so professionally, and respectfully.
Speak the truth. • Once again, National Speed is a
tight team, and this is a huge factor of our success as a
- Meet all professional commitments in a timely manner
- Play an active role in the local automotive community
• This plays back into having a genuine passion for
the automotive industry, this shouldn't be a task, it should
National Speed Inc
Wilmington, North Carolina, USA