× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Used Chrysler pcm identification
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 8/14/2017 6 Replies

[Correct pcm, new and used.] [rebuilt pcm; semi programmed]

Sometimes my customers are required to use a used module on a Chrysler product. The original pcm calibration is 04727737AI. The semi programmed number of the new unprogrammed pcm was 05150247AC. Now the problem; 247AC can be programmed into 8 different calibrations.

The programming is a one way process; once programmed to one of the 8 calibrations, there is no return to either the universal status or another calibration. So when the recycler tells you that they are sending a 247AC; because it is the latest calibration; they are incorrect, unless the 737A? is labeled as such. Notice that the 737AI sticker is on top of the 247AC label, another hint. No, I do not know what the difference is between the 8 calibrations; I do know the wrong calibrations usually turns on different dashboard warning lights that can not be shut off.

The replacement rebuilt Chrysler unit will also need to be programmed to the correct calibration. But the Chrysler parts person may also state that the correct number for a used unit is 247AC. Incorrect; the calibration makes a huge difference.

When ordering a used pcm for Chrysler, the module P/N must match; except for the last letter. There are a few exceptions on very late numbers that are different, because there are only so many usable alphabet letters.

Michael from New Jersey

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail

6 Replies Received (View Replies)