× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
TCM PROGRAMMING
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 2/24/2017 11 Replies

I have this Pathfinder that has been touched by 4 other shops including a Nissan dealer. It has had the radiator replaced (looks fairly new) and the transmission rebuilt (hearsay) with old valve body still installed. Still had a trans problem and then valve body got replaced (hearsay) with probably a used unit. Truck was taken to Nissan and they said it was a bad transmission but sadly (according to the service writer) they went to move it, it struggled to move (my thought is maybe in limp mode starting in third gear) and no scan tool connected to it and customer paid an hour labor. So now it's my turn and I have driven down the street (feels like it's in third gear). ECM no codes. TCM no codes. Some of the data in the TCM is not right like a wiring problem, but no codes has me being cautious. Fuses at the fuse blocks are good and I am on to the trans to start with power and grounds and communication lines. My first question is can the TCM scavanged from a different vehicle and programmed to another. My second question is does programming take place on CAN bus or K line? I would be programming the J2534 way not the Consult.

Thanks for input,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Bell
Technician
Aamco Transmissions
Manassas, Virginia, USA

11 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4.0L

Engine4.0 L
Trans5-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data