× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Head gasket repairs. What do you do?
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 1/31/2017 13 Replies

So hopefully I'm in the right section. If not im sorry but I'm still pretty green to this site. Anyways when it comes to head gasket repairs on vehicles i have heard many different tips from all types of techs. . I've heard of using spray paint, shallac, grease, copper spray and everything in between. Also to make sure bolts are lubed always. Most of my time wrenching has come at a dealer so i always did dry gasket and replace with dry bolts by the book . But there are some things we catch on with experience. On my own vehicles I've done wd40 lightly on bolts and dry gaskets. I've never had any real issues with my repairs but nowadays i do allot more head gasket repairs. I'm weary of using anything else, but I'm all ears on everybody's ideas and knowledge on the subject. Id love to hear what you guys think and why.

Miguel Moya
Technician
Sanchez Automotive and Tow
Woodland, California, USA

13 Replies Received (View Replies)