× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Hard Starting Mercedes
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 8/29/2015 4 Replies

I have an issue of hard starting on a 1998 C230. Vehicle came to us with a No start issue, and found that the Crank sensor wasn't working. Now, it will take a while to crank over, and then once it finally does it seems to run great. once the vehicle runs for a while it seems to get easier and easier to start, until it cools off again. Checked static and running fuel pressure that checks out great not leaking back either. So checked a relative compression test, and the results are in the attachment with the #1 injector firing. Then I checked the crank sensor with that same #1 injector and found a few what look like to me glitches not really sure. We know that is a new crank sensor because we had replaced it during the original complaint of a no start. So I guess I am looking for direction on where to go, what else to check. Attached is some wave forms that we have pulled from. If you need more information please ask, because I am new to posting initial issues [1998 Mercedes-Benz C230, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Waveform] [1998 Mercedes-Benz C230, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Waveform] [1998 Mercedes-Benz C230, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Waveform]

Ken Colden
Owner
Colden Automotive
Abbeville, Louisiana, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

4 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

1998 Mercedes-Benz C230 2.3L

Engine2.3 L
Trans5-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data