× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
02 grand caravan 3.3l flex fuel. fuel gauge drops 1/4 tank
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 5/13/2015 2 Replies

Im stumped.I had 02 caravan come in.Crank no start.the fuel gauge read just under 1/2 tank,it almost started when first tried,but sputtered out.I could hear the fuel pump but had no pressure.Went to install new oe pump and found the tank was empty.Put pump in added 5 gal,went for a test drive.As Im going along I notice the fuel level on the gauge is dropping,low fuel lite came on.gauge continued to drop to empty. I find there is a TSB for this exact issue,a resricted vent hose to the LDP filter,I look at all vapor hoses and see no issues.I drive with the gas cap loose,same issue. From Google I see this is not uncommon but I have found no solutions. The one thing I see in data is fuel level in BCM shows approx. 6 volts while the PCM pid shows closer to 3.35 volts. Should these values be closer?

Aaron Weaver
Technician
Horsman Automotive
Santee, California, USA

2 Replies Received (View Replies)