Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Recovered my Stolen Car. BCM was taken and some wiring Dam
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 4/6/2015 28 Replies

Fellow mechanics, First of all, Im back after changing careers a couple of years ago. The problem Im having is not an area of expertise. I dont have access to, or consider myself well versed in deciphering electrical diagrams. My experience with automobile's is recon..and while that does require a pretty well rounded knowledge base, I don't consider myself an expert..especially where complicated wiring issues arise. To a lot of you guys im sure...The problems I have here are elementary. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

So heres the deal, recovered car above. it wouldnt start. discovered the BCM was missing. As soon as I discovered fuel pump was not initializing with key on engine off, I knew something was up. Long and short of it. BCM missing, replaced, however the original BCM for this model ( or the one called for is a [...] ) The one that I have is a [...]. Being stranded, I had to resort to the passkey relearn procedure in the field. My smart phone was stolen so no access to the internet or even the phone. ( Ever spent the night at the Houston Auto impound facility..? ) I addition I spent a total of about 35 hour stranded there until I finally got it started. So anyway...the plot the rear passenger footwell, right on top of the tranny tunnel, you can pull the carpet back and reveal a wiring harness that crosses the tunnel at that point. There were about eight wires discovered pulled out of something, what...I dont know. There is a mount of some kind. One that would hold a connector or small devise. From what ive been able to decipher, my guess is some kind of interface or electrical component. ( why else would someone take it ) The clues are as follows. 1. Theres a mount right on top of the tranny tunnel.

its obvious it acts as a retainer for something. 2. 8 wires pulled out of something. An inspection for anything in the surrounding area doesn't

reveal any place it could go. There are two connectors close by but they seem intact. ie

the wires going in one side also have the same colored wire going out the corresponding

end. 3. Here are the wire colors of the ones pulled out.

There are five wires coming from the drivers side to the tranny tunnel.

a. Blue

b. Lt.Blue

c. Brown

d. Brown/white

e. yellow/black

* There are three wires coming from right side

f. blue/white

h. Tan

Any revelations into this mystery would be greatly appreciated. I am at the mercy of anyone who could help me solve this problem. In addition, if anyone is in houston and has access to a tech 2 that would be incredible. Im a telco contractor and dont get paid until my work is completed. lost a week of work without my car, and am feeling the financial squeeze. But...thanks and looking forward to getting this thing going.

Patrick Bogan
RB Auto
Spring, Texas, USA

28 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 5.3L

Engine5.3 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)