Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
PCM or ETC Throttle Body?
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 6/12/2014 3 Replies

Hello everyone, Im asking for a little direction today.

I dropped a reman engine (from LKQ) in this Charger a few months back. Old engine blew a rad hose an overheated.

After the repair the car has a slightly rough idle, even surges a bit with A/C on. Car has plenty of power, no check engine light, or pending codes. No misfires on the mode 6 data.

I did a few test runs and i noticed the "throttle % pid" only gets up to 76%. Tried an ETC re learn. Didnt make a difference. Performed a ETC Throttle Follower test, and same thing, 76% max. Despite the APP 1,2 and TPS 1,2 showing values consistent with 100% Throttle.

Test Run 1

2007 Dodge Charger R/T, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Scan Data

ETC Follower Test after ETC Relearn

Data File

Is there any way to determine if i a need the pcm reflashed, or if this throttle body is faulty?

I did clean the Throttle body (i used a can of CRC Thottle body cleaner) while is was off as i was swapping intake manifolds. Also replaced the Map Sensor and Bank 1 Sensor 1 HEGO (Dealer Parts), both broke during the engine swap. Spark Plugs are new, Champions (also Dealer).

Ive have done ETC follower tests before on other 5.7L Hemi's, and the Throttle % Pid goes to 100%.

What am i missing here? Thanks

Kevin Mowdy
USMC-Exercise Support Division
Yucca Valley, California, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

3 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2007 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7L

Engine5.7 L
Trans5-speed Automatic (Electronic)