× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Nissan NERS flash failure
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 2/20/2014 21 Replies

This 2011 Altima came from one of my other stores for a pcm re-flash due to a P0101. I checked the cal id and matched it to the TSB. I log into Nissan site and purchase file. 2011 cal id from nissan I set up my battery maintainer and turn odd all acc's, charging @ 13.2 volts.NERS software checks for current drivers on the Cardaq-plus, ok cardaq plus info . NERS Start Screen Hit the start button and about 50% through the flash this pops up. Flash Error I try and reboot my computer and check all connections and try again, but now I get an error saying the part number is not correct. flash failure On to email support from Nissan, after many many emails they sent a new CSV file and ask me to try it, it fails as well. My computer IT guy that just happens to work next door, came over and had a look and said maybe we change the part number that the NERS is looking for. location of CSV file here is the file opened up in 'NotePad" CSV file open in note pad. CSV file open in note pad

We changed the ending part number of ZX56A to 12345 so the NERS program could see the number that it is looking for to start programming. part number changed

I restarted programming making sure to disconnect the cooling fans as well, they were the only load on while programming the first time, Good re-flash Here is the screen shot of the before and after ECU part numbers. complete programming

The flash went just fine and the car runs great and no more false P0101 codes!

Matt from Minnesota

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

21 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2011 Nissan Altima S 2.5L

Engine2.5 L

car Vehicle Data

2011 Nissan Altima S 2.5L

Engine2.5 L