× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Ford TSB
Posted to HD/Fleet Forum on 3/7/2015 5 Replies

I have a Damon RV in the shop built on on the F53 chassis. The complaint is that the cranking battery will go dead with a short period of non-use. The last shop ( a wanna be RV shop) pulled fuse #4 (courtesy lamp relay) and told the customer to not replace it. Inserting the fuse will cause the courtesy lamp relay to turn on (KOEO, key in my pocket). I am unable to find any wiring diagrams on this vehicle BUT the NHTSA shows a Ford TSB as follows:

TSB for 1993 Ford F53 Bulletin number 12605 Sequence number 605329 Service bulletin number 47529 Date 19990301 Summary: concerns with battery draw through the courtesy lamp relay

A trip to the local Ford dealer shows this TSB is no longer in the system. I am hoping someone might remember this or have a hard copy available. I can reinvent the wheel and track this problem down (I think) but I really hate reinventing the wheel if not necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott

Scott Fureman
Owner/Technician
Hank's Truck & Auto Electric
Tavares, Florida, USA

5 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

1999 Ford F53 6.8L

Engine6.8 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data