Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
06 F350 6.0 thick gray smoke left bank injectors overfueling
Posted to HD/Fleet Forum on 3/29/2014 17 Replies

I'm not the tech working on this truck, just trying to help a fellow mechanic. So... to the best of info that I've been given and have witnessed; this truck came in with a problem of excessive smoke from exhaust. A "Bulletproof Diesel" EGR cooler and oil cooler kit was installed. Left head was removed and sent out to be checked for cracks in the internal fuel system, checked out ok. All injectors have since been replaced at least once, new PCM; wiring harness & FICM has been swapped out with same from other good running trucks in our shop with same results. Wiring harness has been checked for continuity, opens, shorts to power and ground; ground connections have been cleaned and tightened; batteries replaced; all sensors checked - ok; (still, problem persists- over fueling injectors on left bank (I mean wet with fuel!), and thick gray smoke,especially when cold) Just found out today that engine was previously rebuilt, but not sure if problem happened imediately after that or later. I just can't figure out why only one bank of injectors would be affected?!?! Please help, any insight would be appreciated! If I learn of anything I've forgot to mention, I'll be sure to add the info. Thank you all, in advance.

Joe Davis
Davis Diesel Service
Fontana, California, USA

17 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 6.0L Excessive Emissions

Engine6.0 L
Trans5-speed Automatic (Electronic)
SymptomsExcessive Emissions