Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
GM Pickup trucks
Posted to HD/Fleet Forum on 1/31/2014 14 Replies

Just a short one , guys , to be brief about it , one of the guys I work with is also a farmer , one very busy person , no kidding , he asked me something the other night while we had a few minutes , and it caught me off guard - He is looking to replace his 2002 Chevy Silverado extended cab 4X4 pickup with a newer truck, not a brand new one , probably about 2 to 3 years old , he's a Chevy man from way back , won't buy anything else , he has treated his truck very well , it has over 400,000 kms on the clock , and still runs well , and this time he wanted to get a Chevy pickup with a diesel engine , all of his farm equipment is diesel , and everything he's got at home is well looked after , but he doesn't want to move up to a one ton , I don't know why , he wants to stay with a 2500 but wants it with a diesel engine - And that's where I got a brain freeze [ Late at night , not wide awake] - Does GM even manufacture a 2500 [3/4 ton] pickup with a diesel engine , other than the Duramax ? I know the boss has the GM pickups with the Duramax diesels , but he doesn't like the trucks or the engines , seems to think they are a little too pricey for him - This one's got me stuck in a way that I don't know how to answer it - Any thoughts or ideas ? - Thanks in advance -

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

14 Replies Received (View Replies)