× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
GM Pickup trucks
Posted to HD/Fleet Forum on 1/31/2014 14 Replies

Just a short one , guys , to be brief about it , one of the guys I work with is also a farmer , one very busy person , no kidding , he asked me something the other night while we had a few minutes , and it caught me off guard - He is looking to replace his 2002 Chevy Silverado extended cab 4X4 pickup with a newer truck, not a brand new one , probably about 2 to 3 years old , he's a Chevy man from way back , won't buy anything else , he has treated his truck very well , it has over 400,000 kms on the clock , and still runs well , and this time he wanted to get a Chevy pickup with a diesel engine , all of his farm equipment is diesel , and everything he's got at home is well looked after , but he doesn't want to move up to a one ton , I don't know why , he wants to stay with a 2500 but wants it with a diesel engine - And that's where I got a brain freeze [ Late at night , not wide awake] - Does GM even manufacture a 2500 [3/4 ton] pickup with a diesel engine , other than the Duramax ? I know the boss has the GM pickups with the Duramax diesels , but he doesn't like the trucks or the engines , seems to think they are a little too pricey for him - This one's got me stuck in a way that I don't know how to answer it - Any thoughts or ideas ? - Thanks in advance -

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

14 Replies Received (View Replies)