× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Intenational Full Power ABS ECM replacement procedure
Posted to HD/Fleet Forum on 11/11/2011 5 Replies

Just found out myself and figured I would share in case anyone else has this issue.

I replaced and programmed the abs ecu and got a constant blinking abs light with no codes, called meritor and they let me know of a secret menu to stop the blinking light by setting status.

so here it is

when replacing a ECU on a full power abs system.

Perform the following

1.replace ecu

2.open meritor tool box, go to HABS

3.log into international isis

4.locate meritor FPB pgramming in the menus on the left side

5.enter last 8 of vin and download file

6.under parameters in toolbox select write parameters, you vin should show up in the box, hit "download"

7. hit and hold control, shift, alt then tap f12, this will show you a hidden menu "utility"

8.select check status, then hit "set status" this will stop the blinking and act normal.

failure to "set status" will cause the ABS light to flash constantly and not set any codes in the ABS or ESC and in my case go crazy!!!!

just as another note the ecu is available separate you do not need to buy an entire control unit, I had international telling me I could only buy an entire unit for $1800 when the ecu is avalible and $800

Joshua from Maryland

5 Replies Received (View Replies)