× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
02 Subaru Legacy oxygen sensor monitor
Posted to Emissions Forum on 4/11/2017 8 Replies

Hello, I'm working on an 2002 Subaru Legacy and attempting to set the oxygen sensor monitor. So far I have replace the front air/fuel with a Denzo and have driven the vehicle over 400 miles and the oxygen sensor monitor will not complete it's test. Because we "felt" an ever so slight misfire, we tried a fuel injection service and the perceived misfire is gone. 100 miles later, still won't set. Drove the vehicle per tip I found online, "from a cold start, accelerate to 60 mph for 5 mins and decelerate to a near stop without touching the brakes and accelerate to 60 mph for another 5 mins". Tried this a few times at 2:00am on the I-5 and nothing. In desperation, I connected the two green check connectors, nothing. I also disconnected the battery and touched the cables together and all the other monitors set quickly, except the oxygen sensor.

Any tips you'd like to share? Or give a direction for further diagnostics. I examine mode 6 and all the Pid values appear to be within spec according to Alldata information.

Thank you for your time.

Dwight Bresemann
Owner
LSI Automotive
Oceanside, California, USA

8 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2002 Subaru Legacy L 2.5L

4S3BH63552
Engine2.5 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data