Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: STAR Stations Very Interesting
Posted to Emissions Forum on 1/5/2013

Well, it appears that I may have alienated yet another intelligent, respected professional. My apologies to Mike (and Rocky) for my loud mouth and stubbornness.

I really don't consciously try to be annoying and abrasive, it just seems to flow out of me when I'm insulted and angry. What would help me greatly is to have someone ... anyone ... tell me where the flaws are in my logic, in a clear, concise, patient manner.

I am extending this invitation to anyone reading this. Other than just shutting up and/or taking my annoying comments elsewhere, what can I do to dig myself out of this ridiculous FuPR hole?

The only two things that come to my mind at present are to change careers, or do everything in my admittedly limited power to expose the STAR program for the crock that I KNOW that it is. Changing careers is the wimpy way out, because it does nothing to help the hundreds of other honest techs that are getting injured in this "convict-at-a-distance" philosophy being implemented and exercised. But, hey, I'll probably have plenty of wimpy company ... maybe that's not the worst possible path to take! I'll still be able to yell more loudly than most of them, or swing more ferociously at the the windmills!

Michael Barry
Quick Stop Smog & More
Sacramento, California, USA