Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: STAR Stations Very Interesting
Posted to Emissions Forum on 1/2/2013 3 Replies

[...trimmed text...]

You have been kind, generous, and supportive during my eight short months on iATN, and I would like to sincerely thank you, along with all of the other polite professionals here.

I have to ride my boss about everything; he already seems to have lost our "abort" VIR pile from the first half of 2010, and getting the R.O.s from that period is like pulling teeth. I'd prefer not to get into a heated argument with him over that subject; frayed nerves could cause an escalation that neither of us would prefer, in my opinion.

The usefulness of knowing my "raw" FuPR may be of limited value, anyway, since I have read from more than one unofficial source that it is simply an average of many dozens (perhaps hundreds) of ones and zeros, derived from each VLT category for which I have sufficient data for the FuPR "algorithm" to determine a pass/fail (1.0/0.0) grade. In my case, it would appear that the zeros allegedly outnumber the ones by a factor of at least 200, and have done so for over a year! Anyone who has known me or worked with me personally for any length of time would scoff angrily at the implication that I'm incompetent or dirty, but apparently the "great FuPR algorithm" has "spoken from above", and here I stand, bruised but not beaten ... yet.

I still have plans to follow through on that project, as well as my response to Accused's counterpoints on the stopthestarprogram forum, but my mood has been rather dark lately, and it's hard to find that needed burst of inspiration that it would take to complete either of them.

Regardless of the eventual outcome, I would like to thank you and a large majority of the other members here for your knowledge, inspiration, and support.

Michael Barry
Quick Stop Smog & More
Sacramento, California, USA

3 Replies Received (View Replies)