× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
I have an FPR score of ZERO? You're joking, right?
Posted to Emissions Forum on 6/3/2012 10 Replies

Hi everyone!

I'd like to start by stating that I'm glad that I joined iATN; I should have done so years ago!! The fixes, forums, and discussions are, for the most part, very educational and stimulating. I want very much to be a part of this community, and I respect your opinions and comments!

On to a personal issue. Being a CA Smog Tech since 2001, I was interested in my STAR Report Card, and checked it out early last January. I've spent my entire career living and working in poor neighborhoods, where vehicle maintenance is (and always will be), an issue. I knew that by wallowing through s**t (metaphorically, for the most part) day after day, year after year, that my FPR score would be far from perfect. My shock and anger at my score of ABSOLUTE ZERO prompted a furious e-mail to the STAR team, followed by the attached .pdf a few weeks later, after I had calmed down slightly.

My request to you respected professionals is to offer me your honest opinions and comments (positive or negative) as to what I should do. I only ask that you please at least review my attached letter detailing 'my side of the story' before you pass judgment.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Sincerely, [CA STAR Program Critique]

Michael Barry
Technician
Quick Stop Smog & More
Sacramento, California, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail

10 Replies Received (View Replies)