× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Your help is needed
Posted to Industry Issues Forum on 3/22/2016 34 Replies

The Automotive world has been missing a great advocate for a while. Dave DeCourcey is suffering from liver failure even though he has never been a drinker. As Dave waits for a liver to become available, our community suffers not having him promoting the industry and providing us with valuable technician training.

If you don't know Dave, let me scratch the surface and share my experience. I first met Dave about ten years ago at the Linder Conference in Indianapolis. It was my first time attending the conference and I was hanging with a small group that I had only known a short time. During one of the breaks this guy starts talking, he's larger than life, funny and outgoing. I was wondering who the heck this guy was. I came to find out that Dave had convinced somewhere around fifteen guys to jump on a plane from Boston to attend the conference. I was later told that Dave had paid for some of them. Dave believed in training so much that he was infectious. I would see Dave at Vision and Linder every year, always fun and knowledgeable. When Jim Linder stopped the Linder conference, I would see Dave at other training events. Dave was an expert at demonstrating his "find training and GO" attitude! Dave also served as a trainer in his area to make sure knowledge was spread.

Why am I sharing this? I have discussed with some of his closest friends, Sheri Hamilton and Scott Brown about the creation of the Dave DeCourcey Scholarship. ASA-Midwest is willing to host the scholarship and has a 501c3 account to accept funds. We feel that this is a great way to honor Dave. It is our sincere hope that Dave is the person to award the scholarship next year.

I would like to ask that you help with this effort. It will take a large amount of money to keep this scholarship alive but ANY dollar amount will help. Sharing stories about Dave on iATN, Facebook and email will also help the effort. Please inspire others to give. We are hoping to far exceed the goal. Anyone that has ever had their vehicle repaired needs to understand that people like Dave, are why the repair was done correctly.

I'm including some photos of Dave from a WPS class. Please feel free to share your photosl

[Dave 4] [Dave 3] [Dave 2] [Dave]

Bob from Illinois

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

34 Replies Received (View Replies)