× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Beating the dead horse
Posted to Industry Issues Forum on 12/28/2014

Also , in response to Dean's post , I have lived in the USA as well , and when I was living there , I read a story in the local paper , and have seen a number of people who lived close to the line , but never gave up .The story I never forgot , was about an old farmer , end of day , puts the tractor in the barn , intending to head in for supper , slipped getting off of the tractor , landed the wrong way on the ground , and broke his leg . He dragged himself part way out of the barn , turned around ,dragged himself back in , and after several tries , finally got to shut off the barn lights , then dragged himself into the farm house ,called for help . One of his neighbors asked him why he did that , he said " That dollar I would pay for those lights to stay one, will look better in my wallet , than just sitting there ,burning up my bank account .That's why the dollar doesn't do much for the average American , they don't seem to want to do much to earn a dollar " I think the man had a point.

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Green Park Services
Brantford, Ontario, Canada