× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Electronic Throttle Control
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 7/19/2015 10 Replies

As I'm seeing more and more electronic throttle control issues, also being asked a lot more by techs on if and how to clean the throttle body correctly. I've been doing some before and after waveforms with the lab scope and mini amp probe. In all of the attached waveforms, the mini amp probe is set at 100 mv = 1 amp and the reading in the upper left corner is the avg during the mode. The first wave in both sets of 4 is warmed up at idle, then while turning the steering wheel, then in gear, lastly with the A/C on. The first set of 4 is before cleaning on this late model Mustang and then again after cleaning. NOTE - this throttle body was NOT very dirty but shows a pretty much lower current draw on this vehicle. BEFORE CLEANING , in the order I stated above Electronic Throttle Control Electronic Throttle control Electronic Throttle Control Electronic Throttle control AFTER Cleaning in the order I stated above Electronic Throttle control Electronic Throttle Control Electronic Throttle Control Electronic Throttle Control

Jim from Pennsylvania

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

10 Replies Received (View Replies)