× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
IMRC bushing install tip
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 11/12/2013 10 Replies

I was doing these IMRC bushings today and usually I drop a few. This time however Is the first time I actually believe there is just maybe slight proof I'm getting a "tad" wiser. Been using a pick with limited success.

I took this mechanics wire and ran it through the bushing ,through the hole, and bent the end. Guess what I didn't cuss or drop one =) 2004 Ford Freestar SEL, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Photo 2004 Ford Freestar SEL, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Photo

Im a slow learner but if you're like me these little tips help out the day by just adding the slightest smile to your mug. I hope it helps you

PS here is the part number of the bushing in case your Ford place is like mine and every time its 5 minutes on the phone. I keep a bag in a parts bin now . 2004 Ford Freestar SEL, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Photo 2004 Ford Freestar SEL, ECM/Inputs/Outputs Photo

Mike from Ohio

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

10 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2004 Ford Freestar SE 3.9L

Engine3.9 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2004 Ford Freestar SE 3.9L

Engine3.9 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)