× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Chrysler flash availability tip
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 2/10/2012 9 Replies

This may help someone with the process of finding a chrysler calibration. Im sure most of the seasoned guys out there already know this but it sure would have helped me out a year ago.

When you pull your Calibration from Mode 9 or what ever the route your scan tool takes you for particular module write it down, it should be a series of digits ending in AA AB AC and so on. Click on the link which is at the bottom of Techauthority under related documents and links. Here is the actual link. https://www.techauthority.com/UserManagedItems/Documents/Chrysler%20Scan%20Tool%20Flash%20Availability.pdf

Depending on what version of adobe or windows operating system sometimes you will see in the left column a pair of binoculars click on that and put your current Cal in there and it will search and find it for you. If you don't see the search options you can try to hover your pointer around the bottom of the page and a bar should pop up click on the adobe sign or icon to the far right and that will bring you to that search window.

The columns tell you about the vehicle , type of module, old calibration # ,new calibration# and TSB # If you have one of the Calibration # in the old column then you have an update available.

If you have a non comm. module and can not get the old number its going to be a pain to ID the thing and pick the right Calibration. Im hoping someone reading has a tip for that =).

PS you can use the search when you have a TSB # or Cal # and copy and paste are your friend when searching from another source be it Mitchell , Alldata , Identifix, or OEM.

HTH and if anyone has anything to add please do I found this process kinda confusing at first.

Mike from Ohio

9 Replies Received (View Replies)